Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Bauman, Alisa. "The Secrets to Happiness." Prevention. February 13, 2006.http://www.prevention.com/cda/article/the-secrets-to-happiness/6e7966263d803110VgnVCM20000012281eac____/health/emotional.health/finding.happiness/0/0/1
- Biswas-Diener, et al. "Most People are Pretty Happy, But There is Cultural Variation." Journal of Happiness Studies. Vol 6. 2005.http://www.intentionalhappiness.com/articles/BDCulture.pdf
- Chopra, Deepak. "Personal Transformation Tools: Forgiveness." DeepakChopra.com. December 31, 2008.http://deepakchopra.com/?p=1363
- Conniff, Richard. "Are You Happy?" Men's Health. 2009.http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=health&category=stress.management&conitem=f83a74647ac98010VgnVCM200000cee793cd____
- Davidson, Karina W. "Emotional predictors and behavioral triggers of acute coronary syndrome." Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine. Vol 75. Supplement 2. March 2008.http://www.ccjm.org/content/75/Suppl_2/S15.long
- Diener, Ed. "Satisfaction with Life Scale." University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.http://www.psych.uiuc.edu/~ediener/hottopic/hottopic.html
- Diener, Ed and Robert Biswas-Diener. "Happiness." Blackwell Publishing. 2008.
- Dominican University of California. "Study Backs up Strategies for Achieving Goals." Dominican University of California News. December 20, 2007.http://www.dominican.edu/dominicannews/study-backs-up-strategies-for-achieving-goals.html
- Elias, Marilyn. "Psychologists now know what makes people happy." USA Today. December 8, 2002.http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2002-12-08-happy-main_x.htm
- Flett, Gordon, et al. "Dimensions of Perfectionism, Unconditional Self-Acceptance and Depression."
- Journal of Rational-Emotive & Cognitive-Behavior Therapy. Vol. 21. No. 2.Summer 2003.http://hewittlab.psych.ubc.ca/pdfs/2003fbdh.pdf
- Manier, Jeremy and Bonnie Miller Rubin. "Experts try to unlock mysteries of happiness." Chicago Tribune. October 5, 2008.http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2008/oct/05/local/chi-happinessoct05
- Oprah.com. "Are you happy - really?" CNN. February 6, 2008.http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/personal/02/06/o.happiness.test/index.html
- Pavot, William, et al. "Review of the Satisfaction with Life Scale." Psychological Assessment . Vol. 5. No. 2. June 1993.http://www.logisens.com/resourceFiles/Satisfaction_with_Life_Scale_review11.pdf
- Seltzer, Leon F. "The Path to Unconditional Self-Acceptance." Psychology Today. September 2008.http://blogs.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolution-the-self/200809/the-path-unconditional-self-acceptance
- Tabak, Lawrence. "If Your Goal Is Success, Don't Consult These Gurus." Fast Company Magazine. Dec 18, 2007.http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/06/cdu.html
- Siahpush, M, et al. "Happiness and life satisfaction prospectively predict self-rated health, physical health, and the presence of limiting, long-term health conditions." American Journal of Health Promotion, Vol. 23. Issue 1. 2008.http://healthpromotionjournal.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?
- Stevenson et al. "Happiness Inequality in the United States." The Journal of Legal Studies. Vol. 37. Supplement 2. 2008.http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/toc/jls/2008/37/s2