Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- 10 Tips from Happy People
- Is happiness contagious?
- Is laughter contagious?
- Do social networking sites improve your ability to network in real life?
- What is a lone wolf?
- What's the most remote spot on Earth?
- Association for Psychological Science. "Cold and Lonely: Does Social Exclusion Literally Feel Cold?" ScienceDaily. Sept. 15, 2008. (March 22, 2010)http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/09/080915122729.htm
- Goleman, Daniel. "Researchers Add Sounds of Silence to the Growing List of Health Risks." New York Times. Aug. 4, 1988. (March 22, 2010)http://www.nytimes.com/1988/08/04/us/health-psychology-researchers-add-sounds-silence-growing-list-health-risks.html
- Seligman, Katherine. "Social isolation a significant health issue." San Francisco Chronicle. March 2, 2009. (March 22, 2010)http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-03-02/entertainment/17212628_1_loneliness-social-isolation-john-cacioppo
- University of Chicago. "Loneliness Affects How the Brain Operates." Science Daily. Feb. 17, 2009. (March 22, 2010)http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090215151800.htm
- University of Chicago Medical Center. "Social Isolation Worsens Cancer, Mouse Study Suggests." ScienceDaily. Sept. 29, 2009. (March 22, 2010)http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/09/090929133115.htm
- University of Michigan. "Social Isolation May Have a Negative Effect on Intellectual Abilities." Medical News Today. Oct. 30, 2007. (March 22, 2010)http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/87087.php