Lots More Information
- How Anger Works
- Anger Quiz
- Are men or women more violent?
- What's the effect of children's exposure to actual violence as victims or as witnesses?
More Great Links
- Baumeister, Roy F. "Evil: Inside Human Violence and Cruelty." Henry Holt and Company, LLC. New York. 1997.
- Brooks, David. "Human Nature Today." The New York Times. June 25, 2009. (Aug. 26, 2010) http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/26/opinion/26brooks.html
- Buss, David M. and Duntley, Joshua D. "Chapter 5: Homicide: An Evolutionary Psychological Perspective and Implications for Public Policy." Evolutionary Psychology and Violence. March 30, 2003. Praeger. Westport, Connecticut. pp. 115 - 128. http://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/homepage/group/busslab/pdffiles/Duntley_Chapter_Evolutionary_Perspective_on_Homicide.pdf
- Furlow, Bryant et al. "Developmental stability and human violence." The Royal Society. 1998. (Sept. 8, 2010) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1688754/pdf/9470212.pdf
- Ghiglieri, Michael P. "The Dark Side of Man: Tracing the Origins of Male Violence." Basic Books. New York. 2000.
- Knauft, Bruce M. "Reconsidering Violence in Simple Human Societies." Current Anthropology. Vol. 28, No. 4. August-October 1987. pp. 457 - 500.
- Lorenz, Konrad Z. "On Aggression." Routledge. New York. 1966.
- Messner, Steven F. and Sampson, Robert J. "The Sex Ratio, Family Disruption, and Rates of Violent Crime: The Paradox of Demographic Structure." Social Forces. Mar. 1991. Vol. 69, No. 3. pp. 693 - 713.
- Rapoport, Anatol. "The Origins of Violence: approaches to the study of conflict." Transaction Publishers. New Brunswick, N.J. 1995.
- Staub, Ervin. "The Roots of Evil: The Origins of Genocide and Other Group Violence." Cambridge University Press. Cambridge, U.K. 1989.
- Wrangham, Richard and Peterson, Dale. "Demonic Males: apes and the origins of human violence." Mariner Books. Boston. 1997.