Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Can China control the weather?
- How Weather Works
- How Meteorology Works
- How Clouds Work
- Can animals predict the weather?
- The Top 10 Worst Effects of Global Warming
- How Hurricanes Work
- How could it rain for 45 straight days?
More Great Links
- Adam, David. "Can we manipulate the weather?" The Guardian. Nov. 4, 2009. (June 29, 2010)http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/nov/04/controlling-the-weather-china
- Berardelli, Phil. "How Twisters Get Their Spin." ScienceNOW. Jan. 5, 2009. (June 29, 2010)http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2009/01/05-02.html
- Dye, Lee. "Can We Control the Weather? Maybe." ABC News. Aug. 3, 2005. (June 29, 2010)http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/DyeHard/story?id=1001079&page=1
- Pendick, Daniel. "Cloud Dancers." Scientific American Presents Weather: What We Can and Can't Do About It. Spring 2000.
- Potter, Ned. "Trying to Tame Tornadoes." ABC News. Jan. 16, 2010. (June 29, 2010)http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=131306&page=1
- Schwartz, Martin. "A Short History of Pluviculture in the American West." Words on Plays: The Rainmaker. American Conservatory Theater, 2007.
- Williams, Jack. The Weather Book. Vintage Books, 1997.