Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Fire Works
- How Fire Extinguishers Work
- How Firewalking Works
- How ESP Works
- How Ghost Busters Work
- How does a candle work?
More Great Links
- BBC News: New Light on Human Torch Mystery
- The Skeptic's Dictionary: spontaneous human combustion (SHC)
- History of Spontaneous Combustion
- Spontaneous Human Combustion - An Anomalies Study
- Benecke, Mark. "Spontaneous Human Combustion: Thoughts of a Forensic Biologist," Skeptical Inquirer, March-April 1998, volume 22, pages 47-51.
- FBI: Mary Hardy Reeser
- Murphy, Cullen. "A Blaze of Glory," The Atlantic, April 1987. Volume 259, pages 16-17.
- New Light on Human Torch Mystery, BBC News.
- Nickell, Joe. "Fiery Tales That Spontaneously Destruct," Skeptical Inquirer, March-April 1998, Volume 22, pages 15-18.
- Nickell, Joe. Investigative Files: Not-So-Spontaneous Human Combustion.
- Nienhuys, Jan Willem. "Spontaneous Human Confabulation: Requiem for Phyllis," Skeptical Inquirer, March 2001, volume 25, page 28.
- Spontaneous Human Combustion, AlternativeScience.com.
- Spontaneous Human Combustion (SHC), The Skeptic's Dictionary.
- The Documents in the Case of Phyllis Newcombe
- Weir, Kirsten. "Up in Smoke," Current Science, Volume 89, Number 8, December 5, 2003, page 4.