What's involved in crime scene cleanup? Learn about the various hazards of crime scene clean up in this interactive gallery from HowStuffWorks.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Butt, Riazat. "Hindu seeks court ruling on open-air cremations." The Guardian. Sept. 5, 2008.www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/sep/05/law.religion
- Chattanoogan, The. "Tri-State Crematory Lawsuit Settled for $18 Million." Sept. 14, 2008.http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_113354.asp
- Cremation Association of North America. "2006 CANA Cremation Container, Disposition and Service Survey Final Results." August 2006. (Jan. 12, 2009)
- Cremation Association of North America. "Final 2006 Statistics and Projections to the Year 2025; 2007 Preliminary Data." July 24, 2008. (Jan. 12, 2009)
- Davies, Douglas J. et al. "Encyclopedia of Cremation." Ashgate Publishing, 2005.
- Ellenberg, William. Owner and director of Metro Embalming and Cremation in Conyers, Ga. In-person interview. Dec. 17, 2008.
- Goetting, Marsha A., and Claire DelGuerra. "Cremation: history, process and regulations." The Forum for Family and Consumer Issues 8(1). 2003. (Dec. 22, 2008) http://ncsu.edu/ffci/publications/2003/v8-n1-2003-january/fa-1-cremation.php
- Harris, Mark. "Grave matters: A journey through the modern funeral industry to a natural way of burial." Scribner. 2007.
- Hart, Ariel. "Georgia Crematory Manager Pleads Guilty and Gives Apology." The New York Times. Nov. 20, 2004. (Dec. 18, 2008)http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/20/national/20cremate.html?_r=1&scp=10&sq=tri%20state%20crematory&st=cse
- Hoffman, Lisa. "Booming cremation industry attracts unscrupulous operators." Columbus Dispatch. (Jan. 9, 2009)http://www.dispatch.com/live/contentbe/dispatch/pets/cremation.html
- Karr, Al. "Crematoriums Under Close Scrutiny as States Seek Tougher Regulations." AARP Bulletin Today. July 3, 2006. (Dec. 22, 2008)http://www.aarp.org/family/lifeafterloss/articles/crem.html
- Krishnan, Sonia. "Thousands of Cremated Remains Go Unclaimed." Seattle Times, May 28, 2008. (Dec. 22, 2008).http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004433569_remains23m.html
- National Funeral Directors Association. "U.S. Cremation Statistics." (Dec. 22, 2008).http://www.nfda.org/page.php?pID=78
- Pope, Elayne J. et al. "Exploding skulls and other myths about how the human body burns." Fire & Arson Investigator. Page 23-28. April 2004.
- Rimer, Sara. "Dazed by Crematory Scandal, Undertakers' Trust is Shaken." The New York Times. Feb. 21, 2002. (Dec. 22, 2008)http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D07E4D8153EF932A15751C0A9649C8B63
- Rohrer, Finlo. "How do you want to go?" BBC News. Aug. 23, 2005. (Dec. 22, 2008)http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4173400.stm
- Schaal, Steve. Division manager for sales and marketing, Matthews International, Cremation Division. Phone interview. Jan. 12, 2009.
- Sullivan, Jerry. Cremation Association of North America (CANA) board member, delegate to the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association. Phone interview. Dec. 15, 2008.
- Werner, Dennis. Cremation Association of North America (CANA) board member, general manager of St. Michael's Cemetery and Crematory in New York City. Phone interview. Dec. 15, 2008.
- Zorn, Eric. "Steve Goodman rests in little pieces at Wrigley Field. Why not other fans?" Chicago Tribune. Oct. 2, 2008. (Jan. 9, 2009)http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnists_ezorn/2007/10/steve-goodman-r.html