Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Food Preservation Works
- How Refrigerators Work
- How Food Works
- How Comets Work
- How does dry ice work?
- What are homogenization and pasteurization?
- Why do apples and potatoes turn brown when you slice them?
- How does a frost-free refrigerator work?
- Why do many foods have "High Altitude Cooking Instructions"?
- Slow Cookers Explained
- Tips For Using A Slow Cooker
More Great Links
- Freeze-Drying and Freeze-Dried Foods
- Using Vacuum Freeze-Drying to Salvage Water-Damaged Archival Materials
- The States of Matter
- Space Food and Nutrition
- The Cooking Process
- International Society of Lyophilization - Freeze Drying Inc.
- What Are the Benefits of Freeze-Drying?