Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How RFID Works
- Is dog really man's best friend?
- How Dogs Work
- How Radio Works
- Do animals have personalities?
- How LCDs Work
- How Guide Dogs Work
- How Police Dogs Work
- How Cat Shows Work
- How Dog Shows Work
More Great Links
- AVID (US)
- AVID plc (UK)
- CASPIAN's Report on the Microchip-Caner Link
- RFID Journal
- "AVID's 24hr PETtrac Database Service." AVID. (April 10, 2008) http://www.avidplc.com/implanters/pettrac-microchip-database.asp
- "Bio-Sensing." Digital Angel. (April 10, 2008) http://www.digitalangel.com/biosensor.aspx
- "Did you Know? In El Paso." The City of El Paso, Texas. (April 10, 2008) http://www.elpasotexas.gov/community/_archive/032706/health1.asp
- "Documentation Library." Identipet. (April 10, 2008) http://www.elpasotexas.gov/community/_archive/032706/health1.asp
- "The HomeAgain Advanced Pet Recovery Service." HomeAgain. (April 10, 2008) http://www.homeagain.com/3_0.html
- AKCCAR. "Love Brings People and Pets Together." American Kennel Club Companion Animal Recovery. (April 10, 2008) http://www.akccar.org/microchip/
- Albrecht, Katherine, Ed. D. "Synopsis of 'Microchip-Induced Tumors in Laboratory Rodents and Dogs: A Review of the Literature 1990-2006." CASPIAN. Nov. 19, 2007. (April 10, 2008) http://www.antichips.com/cancer/albrecht-microchip-cancer-synopsis.pdf
- AMACA. "US Department of Agriculture Endorses Microchips to Identify American Pets." American Microchip Advisory Council for Animals. Sept. 4, 2007. (April 10, 2008) http://www.microchipidsystems.com/UserFiles/File/Release%20USDA%20Report%20%2007.pdf
- Banfield. "Information on Banfield's Microchip Program." Banfield: The Pet Hospital. Jan. 31, 2007. http://www.banfield.net/about/article.asp?id=6
- DVM. "AVMA calls for research on microchip-cancer link." DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine. October 2007, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p16-16, 1/6p.
- Elcock, L.E., et al. "Tumors in long-term rat studies associated with microchip animal identification devices." Experimental And Toxicologic Pathology: Official Journal Of The Gesellschaft Für Toxikologische Pathologie [Exp Toxicol Pathol] February 2001; Vol. 52 (6), pp. 483-91.
- Feder, Barnaby. "Report of Cancer Hurts Maker of Chip Implants." New York Times. Sept. 11, 2007.
- Frabotta, David. "Pit Bulls bear brunt of breed bans." DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine. Jan. 1, 2005. (April 10, 2008) http://www.dvmnews.com/dvm/News/Pit-Bulls-bear-brunt-of-breed-bans/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/143604
- Glossary. "Reader." RFID Journal. (April 10, 2008) http://www.rfidjournal.com/glossary/reader
- HSUS. "HSUS Pet Overpopulation Estimates." Humane Society of the United States. Oct. 12, 2006. (April 10, 2008) http://www.hsus.org/pets/issues_affecting_our_pets/pet_overpopulation_and_ownership_statistics/hsus_pet_overpopulation_estimates.html
- O'Connor, Mary Catherine. "U.S. Bill Includes RFID Provision for Pets." RFID Journal. Nov. 10, 2005. (April 10, 2008) http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/articleprint/1976/-1/1/
- Springen, Karen. "Fido Once Was Lost, But Not He's Found." Newsweek. June 12, 2006.
- USDA. "Department of Agriculture: Animal and Pant Health Inspection Service Report on Regulation of Pet Microchipping," United States Department of Agriculture. July 2007. (April 10, 2008) http://www.amacausa.org/UserFiles/File/USDA%20Microchip%20Report.pdf