Giant viruses sound like something from a scifi flick. But they're real and not as scary as you think. Learn all about giant viruses at HowStuffWorks.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Centers for Disease Control, Heart Failure Fact Sheet, (accessed 10/25/2010), http://www.cdc.gov/dhdsp/library/fs_heart_failure.htm
- Dunn, Kyla, NOVA: The Politics of Stem Cell Research (accessed 10/29/2010) http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/stem-cells-politics.html
- Harris, Gardiner, Stem Cell financing Ban Ends, for Now, New York Times, October 2, 2010 (accessed 10/28/2010) http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/10/health/policy/10stem.html?ref=stemcells
- Harris, Gardiner, U.s. Judge Rules Against Obama's Stem Cell Policy, New York Times, Au. 23, 2010 (accessed 10/28/2010) http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/24/health/policy/24stem.html?ref=stemcells
- Michael J. Fox Foundation. October 6, 2010 Press Release "Michael J. Fox Foundation Announces over $10 Million in Fundhttp://www.michaeljfox.org/newsEvents_mjffInTheNews_pressReleases_article.cfm?ID=446
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease, National Institutes of Health, Nationals Diabetes Statistics 2007 (accessed 10/25/2010), http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/statistics/index.htm#allages
- Oda, Y et al, Induction of Pluripotent Stme Cells From Third MolarMesenchymal Stromal Cells, J Biol Chem 285, 29270-29278, 2010 (accessed 10/20/2010) http://www.jbc.org/content/285/38/29270
- Parkinson's Disease Foundation, Statistics on Parkinson's (accessed 10/26/2010) http://www.pdf.org/en/parkinson_statistics.
- Wright, Laura, 2003, Potent Stem Cells Found in Baby Teeth, Scientific American online (accessed 10/28/2010)http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=potent-stem-cells-found-i