Biological anthropologists seek to understand the differences within and between human populations. Learn more about biological anthropology.
- Branan, Nicole. "Did Language Evolve as a Learning Aid?" Scientific American. June 2008. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=could-language-have-evolved
- Croom, Christopher. "Did Language Evolve Like the Vertebrate Eye, or Was It More Like Bird Feathers?" Csa.com. December 2003.http://www.csa.com/discoveryguides/lang/overview.php
- Deacon, Terrance. "The Symbolic Species The Co-Evolution of Language and the Brain." Washington Post. 2010.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/longterm/books/chap1/symbolicspecies.htm
- Marcus, Gary F. "Anthropology: On the Origins of Human Language." Scienceweek.com. 2010. http://scienceweek.com/2004/sa041203-3.htm
- Pinker, Stephen and Bloom, Paul. "Natural Language and Natural Selection." Illinois.edu. 2010. http://www.isrl.illinois.edu/~amag/langev/paper/pinker90naturalLanguage