Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Evolution Works
- How Atavisms Work
- Why do humans walk on two legs?
- How Population Works
- How Animal Migration Works
- How Human Migration Works
- How the Scientific Method Works
- How Creationism Works
- How Intelligent Design Works
- How DNA Works
- How Sex Works
More Great Links
- BBC. "Africa Elephants 'ditch tusks' to survive." Sept. 25, 1998.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/180301.stm
- CBC News. "Infants show early signs of altruism." March 2, 2006. http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2006/03/02/altruism060302.html
- Darwin, Charles. On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life. 1859.
- Dawkins, Richard. The Selfish Gene. Oxford University Press, USA; 3 edition. May 25, 2006.
- Keim, Brandon. "A Brief History of the Superorganism, Part One." Wired, July 11, 2007. http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2007/07/a-brief-history.html
- Purves, William K., Sadava, David, Orians, Gordon H., and Heller, H. Craig. Life: The Science of Biology. Sinauer Associates and W. H. Freeman. December 5, 2003.
- University of Arizona College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. "First documented case of pest resistance to biotech cotton." http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2008-02/uoa-fdc020508.php
- Winning, Bob. "Recombination in Bacteria." http://www.emunix.emich.edu/~rwinning/genetics/bactrec.htm