Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Food Works
- Inside "MythBusters"
- How Grills Work
- What makes a good pineapple?
- What exactly is Jell-O made from?
- How Fingerprinting Works
- How Fingerprint Scanners Work
- Is there something in turkey that makes you sleepy?
- How do I know if the meat I'm eating is from cloned livestock?
- Video: How to Grill Steak
More Great Links
- "MythBusters" on Discovery
- Jell-O Experiment
- Dole Plantation
- American Cancer Society. "Bromelain." June 26, 2007. (July 30, 2008) http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/content/ETO_5_3X_Bromelain.asp?sitearea=ETO
- Cancerweb. "Proteases." Dept. of Medical Oncology, University of Newcastle upon Tyne. Nov. 14, 1997. (July20, 2008) http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/omd?proteases
- Duke, James A. "Handbook of Energy Crops." Purdue University; Center for New Crops & Plants Products. 1983. (July 30, 2008) http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/duke_energy/Ananas_comosus.html
- Gustavson, Paul K.; Richard J. Lee; George P. Chambers; Morse B. Solomon and Brad W. Berry. "Tenderizing meat with explosives." American Physical Society, Shock Compression of Condensed Matter Meeting, June 24-29, 2001. June 2001. (July 30, 2008) http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2001APS..SHK.H1047G
- KEW, Royal Botanic Gardens. "Pineapples and other Bromeliads." (July 23, 2008) http://vegmad.org/ksheets/pineapple.html
- Kress, Henriette. "Pineapple. Ananas sativa." Excerpt from "The Dispensatory of the United States of America, 1918." Joseph P. Remington, Horatio C. Wood et al., eds. http://www.henriettesherbal.com/eclectic/usdisp/ananas.html
- "Tenderizing Meat." Allied Kenco. (July 30, 2008) http://www.alliedkenco.com/catalog/popup_text.php/fld/howto/tbl/howtos/key/25