Cosmological redshift: sounds like the latest blockbuster coming to a theater near you, doesn't it? Find out what cosmological redshifts are all about.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Light Works
- How Atoms Work
- How Camera Flashes Work
- How Black Lights Work
- How Fluorescent Lamps Work
- How CDs Work
- How CD Burners Work
- How DVDs and DVD Players Work
- How Laser Printers Work
- How LASIK Works
- How Tattoo Removal Works
- How Light Propulsion Will Work
- How Holographic Memory Will Work
- How does a laser speed gun work to measure a car's speed?
More Great Links
- Sam's Laser FAQ - Probably the best source on safety, construction and parts sources
- FDA: Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Eye Surgery - LASIK, PRK
- Laser Surgery for Snoring and Sleep Apnea
- Laser Show Technology
About the Author
Matthew Weschler holds an MS degree in Physical Organic Chemistry from Florida State University. His thesis topic was picosecond laser spectroscopy, and he studied how molecules react picoseconds after being bombarded by laser light.