Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- AllPsych Online - Phobias: Causes and Treatments
- Psychology Today: Anxiety After 9/11
- The Phobia List
- Science News Online - Fear Not: Scientists are learning how people can unlearn fear
- Stresscure: How To Conquer Public Speaking Fear
- "Anxiety After 9/11." Psychology Today.http://health.yahoo.com/centers/anxiety/2031
- The Brain From Top to Bottom.http://www.thebrain.mcgill.ca/flash/i/i_04/i_04_cr/i_04_cr_peu/i_04_cr_peu.htm
- Chillot, Rick. "What are you afraid of?: 8 secrets that make fear disappear." Prevention, May 1998 v50 n5 p98(7).
- Cowley, Geoffrey, et. al. "Our Bodies, Our Fears." Newsweek International, March 3, 2003 p40.
- Dadis, Glyn. Review of "Fear: A Cultural History." TheAge.com.http://www.theage.com.au/news/Reviews/Fear-a-cultural-history/2005/05/06/1115092634475.html?oneclick=true
- DuPont, Caroline M., Dupont, Robert L., DuPont Spencer, Elizabeth. "The Anxious Brain." The Anxiety Cure: An Eight-Step Program for Getting Well. Wiley, 1998. ISBN 0471247014.
- "Fear and the Amygdala." Society for Neuroscience: Brain Briefings.http://www.sfn.org/content/Publications/Brainbriefings/fear.html
- "Fear Factor." NBC.com.http://www.nbc.com/Fear_Factor/index.shtml
- "Fight-or-Flight Response." McGraw-Hill Higher Education.http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0072562463/student_view0/abnormal_psychology_image_gallery.html
- Gersley, Erin. "Phobias: Causes and Treatments." AllPsych Online.http://allpsych.com/journal/phobias.html
- Livermore, Beth. "The lessons of love." Psychology Today.http://cms.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-19930301-000028.html
- "The Nervous System: Organization." The Biology Web.20102/Bio%20102%20lectures/Nervous%20System/nervous1.htm
- Robinson, Victoria. "What gives you goosebumps?" Science World, October 18, 1996 v53 n4 p18(2)
- Travis, John. "Fear Not: Scientists are learning how people can unlearn fear." Science News Online.http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20040117/bob9.asp
- "What Frightens America's Youth?" The Gallup Organization. March 29, 2005.http://www.gallup.com/poll/content/default.aspx?ci=15439