Lots More Information
Tourists aren't the only ones at Versailles. Stuff They Don't Want You To Know talks ghosts, time travel and women who say they saw Marie Antoinette.
Author's Note: 5 Groups Who Claim to Talk to the Dead
I have a healthy skepticism about mediums. I've seen a few, and frankly was unimpressed. I personally think most prey on the emotions of others who long to hear from someone who was taken away from them. Yet, if I could use Edison's spirit phone to talk to somebody, who would it be? I always wanted to interview Abe Lincoln or John Kennedy. If given a chance, I'd rather talk to my two dogs Sophie and McBeal again, if just to say keep your noses out of cats' litter boxes.
- Barrrett, Greg. "Can the living talk to the dead?" USA Today. June 6, 2001. (Oct. 15, 2013) http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/2001-06-20-psychics.htm
- The Encyclopedia of Death and Dying. "Native American Religion." (Oct. 15, 2013) http://www.deathreference.com/Me-Nu/Native-American-Religion.html
- Grief and Mourning.com. "After-Death Communication." (Oct. 15, 2013) http://griefandmourning.com/after-death-communication
- History.net. "The Fox Sisters: Spiritualism's Unlikely Founders." June 12, 2006. (Oct. 12, 2013) http://www.historynet.com/the-fox-sisters-spiritualisms-unlikely-founders.htm
- Kim, Meeri. "Shining light on 'near-death experiences." Chicago Tribune. Oct. 9, 2013. (Oct. 15, 2013) http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-10-09/health/sc-health-1009-senior-health-near-death-20131009_1_brain-activity-cardiac-arrest-jimo-borjigin
- Kuruvilla, Carol. "Oklahoma woman shares her near-death experience of dying and talking with God for nine minutes." New York Daily News. April 3, 2013. (Oct. 15, 2013) http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/oklahoma-woman-shares-near-death-experience-meeting-god-article-1.1307226
- Moye, David. "James Van Praagh Offered $1 million to Prove Mental Powers." (Oct. 13, 2013) http://main.aol.com/2011/08/24/james-van-praagh-fails-nightline-psychic-challenge_n_931323.html
- Podsada, Janice. "Saying He has Felt his Dead Daughter's Presence, An Engineer Develops Devices to Measure It." The Hartford Courant. April, 23, 2012. (Oct. 15, 2013) http://articles.courant.com/2012-04-23/news/hc--melissa-galka-accident-paranormal-20120423_1_devices-paranormal-phenomena-electrical-engineer
- Rainier, Chris. "Unique Dogon Culture Survives in West Africa." National Geographic News. May 29, 2003. (Oct. 18, 2013). http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/05/0529_030529_dogon.html
- Speigle, Lee. "Spooky Number of Americans Believe in Ghosts." Huffington Post. Feb. 2, 2013. (Oct. 12, 2013) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/02/real-ghosts-americans-poll_n_2049485.html
- Spencer, Neal. "Communicating with the Dead?" British Museum. Dec. 14, 2010. (Oct. 15, 2013) http://blog.britishmuseum.org/2010/12/14/communicating-with-the-dead/
- Worthman, Camile. "Communicating with the Deceased." PBS. (Oct. 11, 2013) http://www.pbs.org/thisemotionallife/blogs/communicating-deceased