To learn the art of Tarot-card reading, you can read books, take courses and even become certified. Courses are taught online and in classes through Tarot organizations and through independent Tarot teachers.
There are seven levels of certification awarded through the Tarot Certification Board of America. In order to achieve these certifications, you must have varying levels of experience as well as pass standardized tests. The certification levels include:
- Certified Apprentice Tarot Reader (CATR)
- Certified Tarot Reader (CTR)
- Certified Professional Tarot Reader (CPTR)
- Certified Tarot Consultant (CTC)
- Certified Tarot Master (CTM)
- Certified Tarot Instructor (CTI)
- Certified Tarot Grandmaster (CTGM)
There is also an American Board for Tarot Certification that offers five levels of certification:
- Tarot Associate (TA)
- Tarot Professional (TP)
- Tarot Masters (TM)
- Tarot Education (TE)
- Tarot Sage (TS)
Other countries also have their own Tarot-certifying organizations.