Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World Work
- How the Rosetta Stone Works
- How Carbon-14 Dating Works
- How Easter Island Works
- How Time Works
- How Population Works
- How Mummies Work
- How Pyramids Work
- Pyramid Quiz
- Ancient Egypt
- Ancient Greece
- Ancient Persia
- Rome and the Roman Empire
- Is there a light 10 billion times brighter than the sun?
- Why is Mesopotamia called the cradle of civilization?
- Crystal Skull Quiz
More Great Links
- "Antiquities Act of 1906." Federal Historic Preservation Laws. http://www.nps.gov/history/local-law/FHPL_AntiAct.pdf
- "Archaeology." Encyclopædia Britannica. http://library.eb.com/eb/article-9108623.
- "Archaeology's Dating Game/Matching Radiocarbon Dates to the Calendar." Scientific American. September, 2000.http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=archaeologys-dating-gamem
- Bennett, Paul. "Ruins Under Rome's Basement." National Geographic. July, 2006.http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0607/feature3/index.html
- Byrd, Melanie. "The Napoleonic Institute of Egypt." The International Napoleonic Society. http://www.napoleon-series.org/ins/scholarship98/c_institute.html
- Ceram, C.W. "Gods, Graves and Scholars." Alfred A. Knopf. New York: 1968.
- DePalma, Anthony. "And Island in the Hudson, Plundered in Search of Indian Artifacts." The New York Times. December 12, 2007.http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/12/nyregion/12magdalen.html
- Dig for a Day. http://www.archesem.com/dig.asp?gclid=COPv592A4o8CFSBMGgodgl8UCg
- "Methods and Aims in Archaeology." The New York Times. July 2, 1904.http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?_r=1&res=9801E0DB1130E333A25751C0A9619C946597D6CF&oref=slogin
- Plotz, David. "Digging the Bible." Slate. January 14, 2008.http://www.slate.com/id/2181864/entry/2181865/
- Stowe, Stacey. "Did Somebody Say Indiana Jones?" The New York Times. April 22, 2007. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/22/fashion/22indiana.html?scp=3&sq=archaeology
- "Taking on the Tomb Robbers." The Economist. September 6, 2007. http://www.economist.com/world/la/displaystory.cfm?story_id=9769069
- U.S. Department of State. http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/4033.htm