Lots More Information
You may think you're skilled at 'multitasking,' but chances are you aren't working on two things at the same time. Learn more at HowStuffWorks.
More Great Links
- Banich, Marie T., and Rebecca J. Compton. "Cognitive Neuroscience, Third Edition." Cengage Learning, 2011.
- BBC. "A Job for the Hippocampus." (July 24, 2011). http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/memory/understand/hippocampus.shtml
- Brodal, Per. "The Central Nervous System: Structure and Function, Second Edition." Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Dozier, Rush W., Jr. "Why We Hate: Understanding, Curbing, and Eliminating Hate in Ourselves and Our World." Mcgraw-Hill Professional, 2003.
- Fiori, Nicole. "Cognitive Neuroscience." Armand Colin Publisher, 2006.
- Frijda, Nico H. "The Emotions." Press Syndicate of the University of Cambridge, 1986.
- Gillihan, Seth J. at al. "Memories affect mood: Evidence from covert experimental assignment to positive, neutral, and negative memory recall." Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, July 20, 2006. (July 13, 2011). http://www.psych.upenn.edu/~mfarah/Emotion-Memoriesaffectmood.pdf
- Gorman, Phil. "Motivation and Emotion." Psychology Press, 2004.
- Gutman, Sharon A. "Quick Reference Neuroscience for Rehabilitation Professionals." SLACK Incorporated, 2008.
- Kalat, James W. "Biological Psychology, Tenth Edition." Cengage Learning, 2009.
- Lewis, Michael at al. "Handbook of Emotions, Third Edition." The Guilford Press, 2008.
- Licinio, Julio, and Ma-Li Wong. "Biology of Depression: From Novel Insights to Theraputic Strategies, Volume I." Wiley-VCH, 2005.
- Michael-Titus et al. "The Nervous System." Elsevier Health Sciences, 2007.
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. "Brain Damage Disrupts Emotions and Mood." National Institutes of Health, May 5, 1992. (July 13, 2011). http://www.ninds.nih.gov/news_and_events/news_articles/pressrelease_braindamage_050592.htm
- National Institutes of Mental Health. "Imaging Identifies Brain Regions and Chemicals Underlying Mood Disorders; May Lead to Better Treatments." National Institutes of Health, May 6, 2008. (July 20, 2011). http://www.nimh.nih.gov/science-news/2008/imaging-identifies-brain-regions-and-chemicals-underlying-mood-disorders-may-lead-to-better-treatments.shtml
- Nazario, Brunilda, MD. "Serotonin: 9 Questions and Answers." WebMD. (July 21, 2011). http://www.webmd.com/depression/recognizing-depression-symptoms/serotonin
- Nicholas, Lionel. "Introduction to Psychology, Second Edition." UCT Press, 2008.
- Thompson, Jason. "Emotionally Dumb: An Overview of Alexithymia." Soul Books, 2009.
- Zillmer, Eric et al. "Principles of Neuropsychology." Cengage Learning, 2008.