Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How the Big Bang Theory Works
- Can scientists recreate the big bang?
- How Dark Matter Works
- How Black Holes Work
- How Special Relativity Works
- How Stars Work
- Engelbert, Phillis and Diane L. Dupuis. The Handy Space Answer Book. Visible Ink Press. 1998.
- European Space Agency. "What is the Universe made of?" Space Science: Extreme Space. Dec. 16, 2003. (Sept. 23, 2010)http://www.esa.int/esaSC/SEMTQO274OD_extreme_0.html
- Greene, Brian. "What is the universe made of?" WIRED. February 2007. (Sept. 23, 2010)http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/15.02/bigquestions.html?pg=3#universe
- Hinshaw, Gary F. "What is the Universe Made Of?" WMAPs Universe. April 16, 2010. (Sept. 23, 2010)http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/uni_matter.html
- NASA. "Evidence for Dark Matter." Chandra Field Guide to X-ray Astronomy: Dark Matter Mystery. (Sept. 23, 2010)http://chandra.harvard.edu/xray_astro/dark_matter/index2.html
- Siefe, Charles. "What Is the Universe Made Of?" Science. Vol. 309, July 1, 2005. (Sept. 23, 2010)http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/reprint/sci;309/5731/78b.pdf