Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Links
- How Space Suits Work
- How Space Shuttles Work
- How Space Stations Work
- How Mars Works
- How Robonauts Will Work
- How do I become an astronaut?
- How long can a human survive in outer space?
- How do astronauts function in their spacesuits for hours at a time?
- How Your Kidneys Work
- How Your Heart Works
More Great Links
- Biomedical Results from Skylab
- National Space Biomedical Research Institute (NSBRI) Home Page
- NSBRI: Human Physiology in Space
- NSBR: The Brain in Space: a Teacher's Guide with Activities for Neuroscience - PDF document
- Space Biology: an Educator's Resource
- American Society for Gravitational and Space Biology
- Scientific American: Weightlessness and the Human Body
- The Physics Classroom: Weightlessness in Orbit
- NASA Web of Life: Exercise and Spaceflight
- NASA Web of Life: Body in Space
- What is Microgravity?
- NASA Marshall Space Flight Center: Microgravity News
- The Effects of Space Travel on the Musculoskeletal System
- NASA Space Life Sciences: Task Force on Countermeasures Final Report - PDF document
- Scientific American Frontiers Transcript: Journey to Mars - "We're on Our Way" describes countermeasures to prolonged microgravity
- NASA Microgravity Science: KC-135 "Vomit Comet"
- Scientific American: Geotropism, One Last Time