Lots More Information
- Louis Pasteur
- How the Scientific Method Works
- Is Milk Good for You?
More Great Links
- Cazaux, Gersende. "Standards and requirements for raw milk products set by the U.S., its major cheese importers and international bodies." July 14, 2009 (Aug. 11, 2010). http://www.dbicusa.org/documents/Raw%20Milk%20Cheese%20Legislation%20PDF.pdf
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "Raw Milk." 2009. (July 24, 2010) http://www.cdc.gov/nczved/divisions/dfbmd/diseases/raw_milk/
- Centers for Disease Control MMWR Weekly. "Preliminary Foodnet Data on the Incidence of Infection with Pathogens Transmitted Commonly Through Food." April 10, 2009. (Aug. 5, 2010) http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5813a2.htm
- Cianci, Sebastian. Trade Press Liaison, Public Affairs, Food and Drug Administration. E-mail correspondence. (Aug. 5, 2010)
- Cohn, David. "The Life and Times of Louis Pasteur." 2004. (July 24, 2010) http://pyramid.spd.louisville.edu/~eri/fos/interest1.html
- Debre, Patrice. "Louis Pasteur." The Johns Hopkins University Press. 1998.
- Feinstein, Stephen. "Louis Pasteur: The Father of Microbiology." Enslow Publishers. 2008.
- Goff, Douglas. University of Guelph, Dairy Science and Technology Education. "Pasteurization." 1995. (July 25, 2010) http://www.foodsci.uoguelph.ca/dairyedu/pasteurization.html.
- Haddad, G.S., and Loewenstein, M. Effect of several heat treatments and frozen storage on thiamine, riboflavin, and ascorbic acid content of milk. Journal of Dairy Science. Vol. 66. Pages 1,601-6. 1983.
- Lennox, James. "Aristotle's Philosophy of Biology: Studies in the Origins of Life Science." Cambridge Press. 2001.
- Lewis, Michael John and Heppell, Neil. "Continuous Thermal Processing of Foods: Pasteurization and UHT Sterilization." Springer. 2000.
- Mahan, L. Kathleen and Escott-Stump, Sylvia. "Krause's Food & Nutrition Therapy." Saunders Elsevier. 2008.
- McGee, Harold. "On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen." Scribner. 2004.
- Medline Plus. "Immune Response." May 2, 2010 (Aug. 5, 2010) http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000821.htm
- Michigan State University Extension. "Milk pasteurization: How to pasteurize milk at home." 2002. (July 24, 2010) http://www.fcs.msue.msu.edu/ff/pdffiles/foodsafety2.pdf
- National Advisory Committee on Microbiological Criteria for Foods. "Requisite Scientific Parameters for Establishing the Equivalence of Alternative Methods of Pasteurization." 2004. (July 25, 2010) http://www.fsis.usda.gov/ophs/nacmcf/2004/NACMCF_Pasteurization_082704.pdf
- Rolls, B.A. and Porter, J.W.G. "Some effects of processing and storage on the nutritive value of milk and milk products." Proceedings of the Nutrition Society. Vol. 32. Pages 9-15. 1973.
- Sun, Da-Wen. "Thermal Food Processing: New Technologies and Quality Issues." Taylor & Francis Group LLC. 2006.
- Tauxe, Robert V. "Food Safety and Irradiation: Protecting the Public from Foodborne Infections." Emerging Infectious Diseases. Vol. 7, No. 3 Supplement. Pages 516-521. June 2001.
- The National Health Museum, Access Excellence Resource Center. "The Slow Death of Spontaneous Generation." (Aug. 4, 2010) http://www.accessexcellence.org/RC/AB/BC/Spontaneous_Generation.php
- The Wall Street Journal. "The Clash Over Unpasteurized Milk Gets Raw." March 30, 2010. (July 24, 2010) http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304370304575151663770115120.html
- Todar, Kenneth. "Todar's Online Textbook of Bacteriology." (Aug. 11, 2010) http://textbookofbacteriology.net/index.html
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. "The Dangers of Raw Milk: Unpasteurized Milk Can Pose a Serious Health Risk." 2010. (July 25, 2010) http://www.fda.gov/Food/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/ucm079516.htm
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration Food Safety and Inspection Service. "Foodborne Illness: What Consumers Need to Know." April 3, 2006. (Aug. 5, 2010) http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fact_Sheets/Foodborne_Illness_What_Consumers_Need_to_Know/index.asp