Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Aging Works
- Do short people live longer?
- Are teenage brains really different from adult brains?
- Is morality located in the brain?
- Is human brain evolution possible?
- Top 10 Myths about the Brain
- Top 5 Unsolved Brain Mysteries
- Is the brain hardwired for religion?
- Do men and women have different brains?
- Is emotional intelligence a better indicator of brain health than IQ?
- Why are people's brains different sizes?
- Can you delay dementia?
- How fMRI Works
More Great Links
- Bluck, Susan and Judith Gluck. "Making Things Better and Learning a Lesson: Experiencing Wisdom Across the Lifespan." Journal of Personality. June 2004.
- "Erik Erikson, 91, Psychoanalyst Who Reshaped Views of Human Growth, Dies." New York Times. May 13, 1994. (Oct. 6, 2008)http://www.nytimes.com/books/99/08/22/specials/erikson-obit.html?_r=3&scp=6&sq=erik%20erikson&st=cse&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=login
- Gluck, Judith, Susan Bluck, Jacqueline Baron, Dan P. McAdams. "The wisdom of experience: Autobiographical narratives across adulthood." International Journal of Behavioral Development. 2005.
- Goleman, Daniel. "Erikson, In His Own Old Age, Expands His View of Life." New York Times. June 14, 1988. (Oct. 6, 2008)http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940DE5D9143FF937A25755C0A96E948260&sec=health&spon=&&scp=13&sq=wisdom,%20age&st=cse
- Hall, Stephen S. "The Older-and-Wiser Hypothesis." New York Times. May 6, 2007. (Oct. 9, 2008)http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/06/magazine/06Wisdom-t.html?ei=5088&en=4b4959cf047f61fe&ex=1336104000&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&pagewanted=all
- Pasupathi, M. and U.M. Staudinger. "Do advanced moral reasoners also show wisdom? Linking moral reasoning and wisdom-related knowledge and judgment." International Journal of Behavioral Development. 2001.
- Staudinger, Ursula M. "Older and Wiser? Integrating Results on the Relationship between Age and Wisdom-related Performance." International Journal of Behavioral Development. 1999.
- Staudinger, Ursula M., Anna G. Maciel, Jacqui Smith and Paul B. Baltes. "What Predicts Wisdom-Related Performance? A First Look at Personality, Intelligence, and Facilitative Experiential Contexts." European Journal of Personality. 1998.
- Sternberg, Robert J. "Older But Not Wiser? The Relationship Between Age and Wisdom." Ageing International. Winter 2005.
- Takahashi, Masami and Willis F. Overton. "Wisdom: A culturally inclusive developmental perspective." International Journal of Behavioral Development. 2002.
- University of Alberta Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry. "Wisdom Comes With Age, At Least When It Comes to Emotions." ScienceDaily. June 16, 2008. (Oct. 6, 2008)
- http://www.sciencedaily.com /releases/2008/06/080612185428.htm