Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How the Navy SEALs Work
- How the FSF-1 Sea Fighter Works
- How Photonic Masts Will Work
- How F/A-18s Work
- How Submarines Work
- How the Coast Guard Works
- How the Army Works
- How the Air Force Works
- How Aircraft Carriers Work
More Great Links
- The United States Navy
- The United States Navy Recruiting
- The United States Naval Academy
- The Naval Historical Center
- The Navy Times
- Ebbert, Jean and Hall, Marie-Beth. "Crossed Currents: Navy Women from WWI to Tailhook."
Brassey's Inc; Revised edition (December 1994). ISBN 978-0028811123.
- Work, Robert O. "Winning the Race: A Naval Fleet Platform Architecture for
Enduring Maritime Supremacy." Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments. March 1, 2005.
- Naval Historical Center. “The Establishment of the Department of the Navy.”
- Naval Historical Center. “Personnel Strength of the U.S. Navy: 1775 to present.”
- Naval Historical Center. “The Sullivan Brothers: U.S. Navy Policy Regarding Family
Members Serving Together at Sea.”
- U.S. Navy. U.S. Navy Organization – An Overview.
- U.S. Navy. “Navy Benefits: Travel Benefits.”
- U.S. Navy Fact File. “Aircraft Carriers – CVN 21 Program.”
- U.S. Navy Fact File. “Aircraft Carriers - CV, CVN.”
- U.S. Navy Fact File. “Cruisers – CG.”