Lots More Information
Related How Stuff Works Articles
More Great Links
- Alf, Martin and John Kern. "Primer on Supercritical Steam." Electric Light and Power. January 2003. http://uaelp.pennnet.com/display_article/165839/34/ARTCL/none/none/1/Primer-on-supercritical-steam/
- "Aircraft Carriers" Federation of American Scientists Military Analysis Network. March 11, 2000 http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/cv.htm
- "Archimedes' Steam Cannon." Massachusetts Institute of Technology 2.009 Product Engineering Processes. 2007. http://web.mit.edu/2.009/www/experiments/steamCannon/ArchimedesSteamCannon.html
- Burris, Joe. "Discovery Chanel examines Winans Steam Gun." Baltimore Sun. Dec. 4, 2007. http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/bal-to.mythbusters05dec05,0,2900119,full.story
- Clark, Ronald W. "Works of Man: A History of Invention and Engineering, from the Pyramids to the Space Shuttle." Viking Penguin Inc. 1985.
- "Fact Sheet on the Three Mile Island Incident" United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Feb. 20, 2007. http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/fact-sheets/3mile-isle.html
- Fuller, Kelly. "Water heater explodes in home." The Sun News. Feb. 2, 2008. http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/story/335886.html
- Gascoigne, Bamper. "History of Steam." Historyworld.net. http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/PlainTextHistories.asp?groupid=819&HistoryID=aa81
- Goldman, Adam. "Woman hurt in NYC steam pipe blast sues." The Associated Press. Feb. 14, 2008. http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gF7SJot_B1DSfjdRZf8lf-Uc9oawD8UQBOH07
- Ingo, Paul. "Supercritical Coal Fired Power Plants: A New Technology Successfully Deployed in Developing Countries." The World Bank.
- Lind, L.J. "The Holeman Projector." The Naval Historical Society. http://www.lateralscience.co.uk/perkgun/index.html
- Malhotra, Ashok. "Thermodynamic Properties of Supercritical Steam." Steamcenter.com. 2006 http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_13/254000/254766/1/preview/preview-thpb.doc.
- Marsden, Ben. "Watt's Perfect Engine: Steam and the Age of Invention." Columbia University Press. 2002.
- "Safety Valve." Encyclopedia Britannica Online. http://www.britannica.com/eb/topic-516113/safety-valve
- "Supercritical Power Plants." Power4Georgians. 2008. http://power4georgians.com/supercritical.aspx
- Woodman, Richard. "The History of the Ship: The Comprehensive story of seafaring from the earliest rimes to present day. 1997.
- Wilson, Jim. "New Steam Technology." Popular Mechanics. June 2001. http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/research/1282106.html?page=2