Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How the Panama Canal Works
- Geography of Chongqing
- The Aswan Dam
- Why do beavers build dams?
- What if the Hoover Dam broke?
- How Beijing Works
More Great Links
- BBC News. "Three Gorges dam wall completed." May 20, 2006. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5000092.stm
- China Three Gorges Project. http://www.ctgpc.com/
- Gettleman, Elizabeth. "Conspiracy Watch: Three Gorges Dam." Mother Jones. http://www.motherjones.com/news/outfront/2008/09/outfront-conspiracy-watch-whose-dam-fault.html
- "Great Wall Across the Yangtze." PBS. http://www.pbs.org/itvs/greatwall/dam.html
- Hvistendahl, Mara. "China's Three Gorges Dam: An Environmental Catastrophe?" Scientific American. March 25, 2008. http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=chinas-three-gorges-dam-disaster &print=true
- International Rivers. "Three Gorges Dam: The Cost of Power." http://internationalrivers.org/en/china/three-gorges-dam/three-gorges-dam-the-cost-power
- Kennedy, Bruce. "China's Three Gorges Dam." CNN.com. http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/1999/china.50/asian.superpower /three.gorges/
- Kuhn, Anthony. "Concerns Rise with Water of Three Gorges Dam." NPR. Nov. 19, 2008. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17723829
- Macartney, Jane. "Three Gorges Dam is a disaster in the making, China admits." Times Online. Sept. 27, 2007. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article2537279.ece
- "NASA Satellites Watch as China Constructs Giant Dam." NASA. June 14, 2007. http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/topstory/2007/dam_construct.html
- Oster, Shai. "World News: China Clears The Last Town For Huge Dam." The Wall Street Journal, July 24, 2008, pg. A 7.
- "Three Gorges Dam." PBS. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/buildingbig/wonder/structure/three_gorges.html
- Yang, Lin. "China's Three Gorges Dam Under Fire." Time. Oct. 12, 2007. http://www.time.com/time/printout/0,8816,1671000,00.html
- Yardley, Jim. "Chinese Dam Projects Criticized for Their Human Costs." The New York Times. Nov. 19, 2007. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/19/world/asia/19dam.html?_r=1