Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Can the sun make me happy?
- Can pets make you happy?
- Are men or women happier?
- How to be Happy with Yourself
- 10 Tips from Happy People
- Aydin, Ani, MD. "Incapacitating agents, cannabinoids." eMedicine. February 11, 2008. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/833828-overview
- Blythman, Joanna. "Chocolatissmo!" Guardian. March 23, 2002. http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2002/mar/23/foodanddrink.shopping
- Bristol University. "Phenylethylamine." Accessed May 19, 2009. http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/webprojects2001/millward/phenylethylamine.htm
- Catchpole, Heather. "Caffeine." ABC. April 27, 2006. http://www.abc.net.au/health/library/stories/2006/04/27/1829125.htm
- Hanson, Glen R., et al. "Drugs and Society." Jones and Bartlett Publishers. 2005. http://books.google.com/books?id=CYVnE2grkusC&pg=RA1-PA368&lpg=RA1-PA368&dq=phenylethylamine+love+drug&source=bl&ots=kRrUBQ395M&sig=Oomt1U3-19qutPeBzmTVMWw3tcw&hl=en#PRA1-PA368,M1
- Facekelmann, Kathleen. "Can caffeine protect against Alzheimer's?" USA Today. November 6, 2006.http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2006-11-05-caffeine-alzheimers_x.htm
- Morris, Kristen and Tarren, Douglas. "Eating your way to happiness: chocolate, brain metabolism and mood." Karger Gazette. Accessed May 18, 2009. http://www.karger.com/gazette/68/morristaren/art_3.htm
- National Public Radio. "Nigella Lawson: Valentine's chocolate indulgence." February 14, 2008.http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18912133
- University of Texas. "Dopamine - a simple neurotransmitter." Accessed May 19, 2009. http://www.utexas.edu/research/asrec/dopamine.html