Lots More Information
A recent test of the General Atomics Blitzer system means the sci-fi weapon's destructive power may be within reach. Learn more in this HowStuffWorks article.
- 5 Science-borne Superpowers
- Curiosity Project: 5 Hurdles to Conquer Before Colonizing Mars
- Top 10 Star Trek Technologies that Actually Came True
- The Top 10 Game-changing Military Technologies
- Bozkurt A., Gilmour R, Lal A. "Balloon Assisted Flight of Radio Controlled Insect Biobots." 2009. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering. Vol 56, no. 9.
- Bozkurt, A., A. Lal and R. Gilmour. "Electrical Endogenous Heating of Insect Muscles for Flight Control." 30th International Conference of IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. 2008. (11/5/2009)http://sonicmems.ece.cornell.edu/publications/EMBC2008_Bozkurt.pdf
- Bozkurt, A., A. Lal and R. Gilmour. "Radio Control of Insects for Biobotic Domestication." IEEE Neural Engineering Conference. 2009. (11/5/2009)http://sonicmems.ece.cornell.edu/publications/NER09_Bozkurt.pdf
- Jewell, Mark. "Robotic Suit Could Usher In Super Solider Era." MSNBC.com. May 15, 2008. (11/5/2009)http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24651455/
- Morrison, David. "FAQs About NEO Impacts." September 2004. (11/5/2009)http://impact.arc.nasa.gov/intro_faq.cfm
- Morrison, David. "Introduction." September 2004. (11/5/2009) http://impact.arc.nasa.gov/intro.cfm
- Nave, C.R. "Hafele and Keating Experiment." HyperPhysics. 2000. (11/12/2009)http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/HBASE/relativ/airtim.html
- Plait, Phil. "The Astronomy of Armageddon." December 28, 2008. (11/5/2009)http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/movies/armpitageddon.html
- Rudnyk, Marian E. "Asteroid." World Book Online Reference Center. 2005. (11/11/2009)http://www.worldbookonline.com/wb/Article?id=ar034580.
- Vergano, Dan. "Real Spying Squirrels, Dolphins Helped Inspire 'G-Force.'" USA Today. July 27, 2009. (11/5/2009)http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/columnist/vergano/2009-07-25-g-force_N.htm
- Yeomans, Donald K. "Comet." World Book Online Reference Center. 2005. (11/11/2009)http://www.worldbookonline.com/wb/Article?id=ar125580.
- Yeomans, Donald K. et al. "Deflecting a Hazardous Near-Earth Object." 1st IAA Planetary Defense Conference: Protecting Earth from Asteroids. April 27-30, 2009.