Lots More Information
HowStuffWorks explores the Mandela effect, aka the Nelson Mandela effect, where many people remember the same thing happening that never occurred.
- How Your Brain Works
- Brain Pictures
- Brain Quiz
- MRI Quiz
- Is alcohol more dangerous than ecstasy?
- Are teenage brains really different from adult brains?
- How Brain Mapping Works
- Is the human brain still evolving?
- Why are people's brains different sizes?
- How Alcohol Works
- How Brain Death Works
- How Brainwashing Works
- How Comas Work
- How Marijuana Works
- How Crack Cocaine Works
More Great Links
- Abbott, Alison. "Mozart doesn't make you smarter." Nature News Online, April 13, 2007. http://www.nature.com/news/2007/070409/full/news070409-13.html
- Augustine, George J., et al. "Neuroscience." Sinauer Associates, 2001.
- Arthur, Charles. " Ecstasy link to damage of the brain 'misleading' the public." The Independent, April 18, 2002.
- "The Brain." Time-Life Books, 1990.
- "Brain Plasticity, Language Processing and Reading." Society of Neuroscience Brain Briefings, July 2000. http://www.sfn.org/index.cfm?pagename=brainbriefings_brainplasticitylanguageprocessingandreading
- Brown, et al. "Congenital and acquired brain injury." Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Volume 89, 3 Supplement 1, March 2008. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18295647
- Chabris, C.F. "Prelude or requiem for the 'Mozart effect'?" Nature, 400, pgs. 826-827.
- Chudler, Eric. "Brain Facts and Figures." Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington. http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/facts.html#brain
- "Do we really only use 10 percent of our brains?" Scientific American Ask the Experts, March 8, 2004. http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=do-we-really-use-only-10&page=2
- "Drugs and the Brain." National Institute on Drug Abuse, January 2, 2008. http://www.nida.nih.gov/scienceofaddiction/brain.html
- Dunham, Will. "Heavy marijuana use shrinks brain parts - study." Reuters, June 2, 2008. http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSN02271474
- Goode, Erica. "Mozart for Baby? Some Say, Maybe Not." The New York Times, August 3, 1999 p. f1.
- Goodwin, Fred. "How We Learn." The Infinite Mind Radio Program, April 26, 2000. http://www.lcmedia.com/mind0016.htm
- Grant, Igor, et al. "Non-acute (residual) neurocognitive effects of cannabis use: A meta-analytic study." Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, Volume 9, Issue 05, July 2003, p 679-689.
- Hillman, Harold "An unnatural way to die." New Scientist, October 27, 1983, pg 276-278.
- Kershaw, Alister. "A History of the Guillotine." New York : Barnes & Noble, 1993
- Kushner, David. "Mild Traumatic Brain Injury." Archives of Internal Medicine, Volume 158, Issue 15, August 10, 1998. http://archinte.highwire.org/cgi/content/full/158/15/1617
- MacNabb, Carrie. "Brain Science 101." University of Minnesota Health Talk, October 20, 2005. http://www.healthtalk.umn.edu/topics/brainscience/home.html
- The Mozart Effect. http://www.mozarteffect.com
- Radford, Benjamin. "Does alcohol kill brain cells?" LiveScience, December 26, 2007. http://www.livescience.com/mysteries/070518_brain_alcohol.html
- Radford, Benjamin. "The Ten Percent Myth." Snopes.com, July 21, 2007. http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percent.asp
- Roach, George. "The 10 Smartest Animals." MSNBC.com. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24628983/?pg=1#SMARTESTanimals_science
- Ray, C. Claiborne. "Q & A: Brain Folds." The New York Times, Friday, October 31, 2000.
- Vance, Packard. "The Hidden Persuaders." New York: D. McKay Co., 1957.
- "Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome." National Institutes of Health: MedLine Plus. August 4, 2008. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000771.htm
- The Whole Brain Atlas. http://www.med.harvard.edu/AANLIB/home.html
- Williams, Geoff. "Myth Buster: Ten Percent of Your Brain." AARP Bulletin Today, June 26, 2008. http://bulletin.aarp.org/yourhealth/healthyliving/articles/myth_buster__ten_percent.html
- Woolsey, Thomas A. "The brain atlas : a visual guide to the human central nervous system." Wiley, 2003.
- Yucel, Murat, et al. "Regional Brain Abnormalities Associated With Long-term Heavy Cannabis Use." Archives of General Psychiatry, Volume 6, issue 3, June 2008.