More Great Links
- Ackard, Diann M.; Kearney-Cooke, Ann; and Peterson, Carol B. "Effect of body image and self-image on women's sexual behaviors." International Journal of Eating Disorders. Oct. 23, 2000. (Oct. 27, 2008)http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/74000151/abstract
- Boyington, Josephine A. et al. "Cultural Attitude Toward Weight, Diet, and Physical Activity Among Overweight African American Girls." Preventing Chronic Disease. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. April 2008. (Oct. 24, 2008)http://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2008/apr/07_0056.htm
- Cash, Thomas F.; Jakatdar, Tejal A.; and Williams, Emily Fleming. "The Body Image Quality of Life Inventory: further validation with college men and women." Body Image. Vol. 1. Issue 3. September 2004. (Oct. 27, 2008)http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B75DB-4D3B1HD-1&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=2972ca11c1e2849a2ab5bcf70bf463ed
- Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health. "Body Images is Stronger Predictor of Health Than Obesity, Says Study." ScienceDaily. Feb. 13, 2008. (Oct. 24, 2008)http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071026162139.htm
- Ferraro, Richard F.; Muehlenkamp, Jennifer J.; Painter, Ashley; and Wasson, Kayla. "Aging, Body Image and Body Shape." The Journal of General Psychology. Vol. 135. Issue 4. October 2008.
- "Fostering a Positive Self-Image." The Cleveland Clinic. (Oct. 24, 2008)http://my.clevelandclinic.org/healthy_living/Mental_Health/hic_Fostering_a_Positive_Self-Image.aspx
- Heldman, Caroline. "Out-Of-Body Image." Ms. Spring 2008. (Oct. 24, 2008)http://www.msmagazine.com/spring2008/outOfBodyImage.asp
- MacDonald, Tara K. and Martineau, Alanna M. " Self-Esteem, Mood, and Intentions to Use Condoms: When Does Low Self-Esteem Lead to Risky Health Behaviors?." Journal of Experimental Social Psychology. Vol. 38. Issue 3. May 2002. (Oct. 27, 2008)http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WJB-45PMFD3-9&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=b54564e4a4f2714a22a65f3534150bf8
- Phillips, Katharine; Didie, Elizabeth R.; Feusner, Jamie; and Wilheim, Sabine. "Body Dysmorphic Disorder: Treating an Underrecognized Disorder." The American Journal of Psychiatry. September 2008. (Oct. 24, 2008)http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/pdf_extract/165/9/1111
- Pipes, Randolph B. and LeBov-Keeler, Karen. "Psychological Abuse Among College Women in Exclusive Heterosexual Dating Relationships." Sex Roles. Vol. 36. No 9-10. May 1997. (Oct. 24, 2008)http://www.springerlink.com/content/g600081312706155/
- Presnell, Katherine; Bearman, Kate; and Madeley, Mary Clare. "Body Dissatisfaction in Adolescent Females and Males: Risk and Resilience." Prevention Researcher. Vol. 14. No. 3. September 2007. (Oct. 24, 2008)http://www.tpronline.org/article.cfm/Body_Dissatisfaction
- Stephenson, Frank. "For the Love of 'Me'." Florida State University Research in Review. Summer 2004.
- "Stress a Major Health Problem in the U.S., Warns APA." American Psychological Association. Oct. 24, 2007. (Oct. 24, 2008)http://www.apa.org/releases/stressproblem.html
- Temple University. "Ideal Weight Varies Across Cultures, But Body Image Dissatisfactions Pervades." ScienceDaily. Oct. 24, 2007. (Oct. 24, 2008)http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071023164042.htm
- "The Measure of Men." The Atlantic Monthly. June 2005.
- University of California -- Los Angeles. "Huge Numbers Want Cosmetic Surgery, Study Finds." ScienceDaily. Oct. 28, 2007. (Oct. 24, 2008)http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071026162139.htm