Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Airline Industry Information. “NORAD to use laser beams to warn pilots.” April 12, 2005. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0CWU/is_2005_April_12/ai_n13605096
- Boeing. “Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Background.” http://www.boeing.com/defense-space/space/gmd/ift.html
- Canadian Department of National Defense. “Backgrounder: NORAD.” http://www.dnd.ca/site/Newsroom/view_news_e.asp?id=121
- “Cheyenne Mountain and the NORAD Complex.” Above Top Secret. http://www.abovetopsecret.com/pages/norad.html
- CNN.com. “Yankees pitcher killed in crash of small plane in Manhattan.” Oct. 12, 2006. http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/11/plane.crash/
- Hough, Henry W. NORAD Command Post: The City Inside of Cheyenne Mountain. Green Mountain Press (1970). 978-0877680062.
- NORAD. “About NORAD.” http://www.norad.mil/about/index.html
- Slobodian, Linda. “Norad on Heightened Alert: Role of air defence agency rapidly transformed in wake of Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.” The Calgary Herald, Oct. 13, 2001. http://911research.wtc7.net/cache/planes/analysis/norad/calgaryherald101301_scrables.html
- Stockman, Tom. “Memoir: NORAD False Alarm of Soviet Missile Attack, November 9 1979.” http://www.tomstockman.com/columns/sac.shtml
- Talmadge, Marian and Gilmore, Iris. NORAD: The North American Air Defense Command. Dodd, Mead (1967).
- Zubeck, Pam. “Closing NORAD may cost $12B.” The Colorado Springs Gazette, June 15, 2007. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4191/is_20070615/ai_n19307831
- Zubeck, Pam. “Minutes after crash, NORAD was there.” The Colorado Springs Gazette, Oct. 12, 2006. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4191/is_20061012/ai_n16802964