Giant viruses sound like something from a scifi flick. But they're real and not as scary as you think. Learn all about giant viruses at HowStuffWorks.
- How Cells Work
- How DNA Evidence Works
- How Gene Pools Work
- How Evolution Works
- How Cloning Works
- How DNA Computers Will Work
- How Human Reproduction Works
- How Cipro Works
- How AIDS Works
- Is the U.S. government building a "Gattaca"-level DNA database?
- How does your body know the difference between dominant and recessive genes?
More Great Links
- "The Discovery of the Molecular Structure of DNA - the Double Helix." NobelPrize.org. http://nobelprize.org/educational_games/ medicine/dna_double_helix/readmore.html
- DNA Interactive http://www.dnai.org/index.htm
- "Double Helix: 50 years of DNA." Nature, March 15, 2007. http://www.nature.com/nature/dna50/index.html
- "Genomics and Its Impact on Science and Society: A 2003 Primer." Human Genome Program, U.S. Department of Energy, 2003. http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/ publicat/primer2001/index.shtml
- "Molecular Biology Review." National Center for Biotechnology Information. November 4, 2002. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Class/MLACourse/Modules/ MolBioReview/index.html
- NIH/NCBI Science Primer http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/About/primer/index.html
- "The Science Behind The Human Genome Project." Human Genome Project Information. August 29, 2006. http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/ project/info.shtml
- "The Search for DNA - The Birth of Molecular Biology." Access Excellence: The National Health Museum, 1990. http://www.accessexcellence.org/RC/AB/BC/Search_for_DNA.html
- "The Secret of Photo 51."PBS Nova. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/photo51/