Like HowStuffWorks on Facebook!
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Andrews, Linda Wasmer. "When It's Time for Anger Management." HR Magazine. June 2005.
- Angier, Natalie. "If Anger Ruins Your Day, It Can Shrink Your Life." New York Times. Dec. 13, 1990. (June 2, 2008)http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CE7D61731F930A25751C1A966958260&scp=1&sq=if+anger+ruins+your+day&st=nyt
- Bushman, Brad J., Robert D. Ridge, Enny Das, Colin W. Key and Gregory L. Busath. "When God Sanctions Killing: Effects of Scriptural Violence on Aggression." Psychological Science. 2007. (June 10, 2008) http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bbushman/BRDKB07.pdf
- Carey, Benedict. "Anger Management May Not Help at All." New York Times. Nov. 24, 2004. (June 2, 2008) http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/24/health/24anger.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
- Carpenter, Sandra and Amy G. Halberstadt. "Mothers' Reports of Events Causing Anger Differ Across Family Relationships." Social Development. 2000.
- "Controlling Anger -- Before It Controls You." American Psychological Association. (June 3, 2008) http://www.apa.org/topics/controlanger.html
- Cromie, William J. "Probing inappropriate rage." Harvard News Office. Aug. 6, 2004. (June 2, 2008)http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2004/08.26/01-anger.html
- Deffenbacher, Jerry L. "Anger-Management Programs: Issues and Suggestions." Behavioral Health Management. November/December 2004.
- Diong, Siew Mann, George D. Bishop, Hwee Chong Enkelmann, Eddie M.W. Tong, Yong Peng Why, Jansen C.H. Ang, and Majeed Khader. "Anger, stress, coping, social support and health: Modeling the relationships." Psychology and Health. August 2005.
- Ellison, Katherine. "Mastering Your Own Mind." Psychology Today. September/October 2006.
- Finlay, Liza. "The Art of the Hissy Fit." Flare. April 2008.
- Kam, Katherine. "Rein in the Rage: Anger and Heart Disease." WebMD. (June 2, 2008) http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/features/rein-in-rage-anger-heart-disease
- Katz, Jon. "Do Dogs Think?" Slate. Oct. 6, 2005. (June 2, 2008)http://www.slate.com/id/2127419/
- Lench, Heather C. "Anger Management: Diagnostic Differences and Treatment Implications." Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology. 2004.
- Linden, Wolfgang, Deborah Leung, Anuradha Chawla, Carmen Stossel, Thomas Rutledge, and Sheryl A. Tanco. "Social Determinants of Experienced Anger." Journal of Behavioral Medicine. 1997.
- Martel, Brett. "Storms Payback From God, Nagin Says." Washington Post. Jan 17. 2006. (June 11, 2008)http://www.washingtonpost.com/wpdyn/content/article/2006/01/16/ AR2006011600925.html
- McCarthy, Jenna. "Anger Management." Real Simple. June 2008.
- Painuly, Nitesh, Pratap Sharan and Surendra K. Mattoo. "Relationship of anger and anger attacks with depression: A brief review." European Archives of Psychiatry and Clinical Neuroscience. Nov. 12, 2004.
- Peacock, Judith. "Anger Management." LifeMatters Books. 2000.
- Sahagun, Louis and Jocelyn Y. Stewart. "Traditional View of an Angry God Has Softened." Los Angeles Times. Jan. 28, 2006.
- Siever, Larry J. "Neurobiology of Aggression and Violence." The American Journal of Psychiatry." April 2008.
- "Studies' message to women: keep your cool." Women's Health Weekly. April 17, 2008.
- Tangley, Laura. "Animal Emotions." U.S. News & World Report. Oct. 30, 2000.
- Tavris, Carol. "Anger: The Misunderstood Emotion." Simon & Schuster. 1982.
- Thomas, Sandra P. "Anger: The Mismanaged Emotion." Dermatology Nursing. August 2003.
- Thomas, Sandra P., Carol Smucker and Patricia Droppleman. "It hurts most around the heart: a phenomenological exploration of women's anger." Journal of Advanced Nursing. 1998.
- Vernezze, Peter J. "Moderation or the Middle Way: Two Approaches to Anger." Philosophy East and West. January 2008.
- Weber, Hannelore. "Explorations in the Social Construction of Anger." Motivation and Emotion. June 2004.