Your memory isn't as trustworthy as you think. Learn 10 ways your memory is completely inaccurate at HowStuffWorks.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Your Brain Works
- Brain Quiz
- Brain Image Gallery
- How Geniuses Work
- Top 10 Myths about the Brain
- Top 5 Unsolved Brain Mysteries
- Is the brain hardwired for religion?
- Is human brain evolution possible?
- Why are people's brains different sizes?
- Are teenage brains really different from adult brains?
- Do men and women have different brains?
- Is emotional intelligence a better indicator of brain health than IQ?
- Is morality located in the brain?
- Do we really get wiser with age?
- Can eating brain foods make me smarter?
More Great Links
- Altman, Lawrence K. "So, Is This Why Einstein Was So Brilliant?" New York Times. June 18, 1999. (Oct. 6, 2008)http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C06E3DE143BF93BA25755C0A96F958260
- Burrell, Brian. "Postcards from the Brain Museum. Excerpted at NPR. April 18, 2005. (Oct. 6, 2008)http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4602913
- Fields, R. Douglas. "Mysterious Cells Found in the Brain of a Genius." Odyssey. October 2004.
- Hayden, Thomas. "The Inner Einstein." U.S. News and World Report. Dec. 9, 2002.
- Herskovits, A. Zara. "A Brief History of Einstein's Brain." Einstein Quarterly Journal of Biology and Medicine. 2000.
- Hotz, Robert Lee. "Deep, Dark Secrets of His and Her Brains." Los Angeles Times. June 16, 2005. (Oct. 6, 2008) http://www.latimes.com/news/science/la-sci-brainsex16jun16,0,5806592,full.story
- Lemonick, Michael D. "Was Einstein's Brain Built for Brilliance?" Time. June 28, 1999. (Oct. 6, 2008)http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,991347,00.html
- Levy, Steven. "The Roots of Genius?" Newsweek. June 28, 1999.
- Montagne, Renee. "Interview: Brian Burrell discusses the fate of Albert Einstein's brain and others in his book 'Postcards from the Brain Museum'." NPR. April 18, 2005.
- "Obituaries." West Windsor and Plainsboro News." April 13, 2007. (Oct. 6, 2008)http://www.wwpinfo.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=81&twindow=Default&mad=No&sdetail=2365&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=1108&hn=wwpinfo&he=.com
- Paterniti, Michael. "Driving Mr. Albert: A Trip Across America with Einstein's Brain." Delta. 2000.
- Roberts, Siobhan. "A Hands-On Approach to Studying the Brain, Even Einstein's." New York Times. Nov. 14, 2006. (Oct. 6, 2008)http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/14/science/14prof.html?scp=4&sq=albert%20einstein%20brain&st=cse
- Wilson, Jim. "Unlocking Einstein's Brain." Popular Mechanics. November 1999.
- Witelson, Sandra F., Debra L. Kigar, Thomas Harvey. "The exceptional brain of Albert Einstein." The Lancet. June 19, 1999. (Oct. 6, 2008)http://www.columbia.edu/cu/psychology/courses/1010/mangels/Einstein.pdf