Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Carbon Footprints Work
- How Green Building Works
- How to Make Your Home More Energy Efficient
- Is what we're recycling actually getting recycled?
- How Recycling Works
- How Composting Works
- How Global Warming Works
- Ten Things You Can Do to Help Save the Earth
- What Can I Do About Global Warming?
More Great Links
- Discovery Channel: Project Earth
- Green Building Initiative
- Masdar Initiative
- Abu Dhabi Tourism Site
- Promotional Video of a Simulated Tour of Masdar
- "A Virtual Tour of Masdar City." The New York Times. (March 28, 2008) http://video.on.nytimes.com/?fr_story=84fd892bc8475ea4b0756a1e32c8eb78457b902e
- "Abu Dhabi's Masdar Initiative Breaks Ground." Masdar. Feb. 9, 2008. (March 28, 2008) http://www.masdaruae.com/text/news-d.aspx?_id=52
- "Work starts on Gulf 'green city.'" BBC News. Feb 10, 2008. (March 28, 2008) http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7237672.stm
- Gunther, Marc. "Building the world's cleanest city." CNN Money. (March 7, 2008. March 28, 2008) http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/05/news/international/gunther_masdar.fortune/index.htm?postversion=2008030708
- Revkin, Andrew C. "Car-Free, Solar City in the Gulf Could Set a New Standard for Green Design." The New York Times. Feb. 5, 2008.
- Walsh, Bryan. "An Oil Giant's Green Dream." TIME. Jan.21, 2008. (March 28, 2008) http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1705616,00.html?imw=Y
- Wordsworth, Araminta. "Abu Dhabi unveils zero-waste city." National Post. Jan. 22, 2008.(March 28, 2008) http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=253829