Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Airplanes Work
- How Gas Turbine Engines Work
- How Becoming an Airline Pilot Works
- How Airlines Work
- How Airports Work
- How Airline Freight Works
- How Sonic Cruisers Will Work
- How Air-breathing Rockets Will Work
- How Space Planes Will Work
- How Space Shuttles Work
- What causes a sonic boom?
- How do afterburners work?
- Can you explain pressurized airplane cabins?
- How much fuel does an international plane use for a trip?
- Why do those long white clouds form behind jets flying high overhead?
- How does an oxygen canister work?
- Do commercial jets have locks on the doors and ignition keys?
- What is a nautical mile, and how does it differ from a normal mile and a kilometer?
More Great Links
- The Tu -144LL: A Supersonic Flying Laboratory
- Hiller Aviation Museum: The Story of America's First Supersonic Transport
Future of SSTs