Frogs! Fish! Birds! They've all been said to appear from clouds. Learn about 10 times the sky rained something other than water at HowStuffWorks.
More Great Links
- Frankel, Leora; Turk, Byron; Timmer, Reed. Storm Chasers Blog. http://blogs.discovery.com/storm_chasers/
- Metz, Melanie & Willenberg, Peggy. "The Twister Sisters." http://www.twistersisters.com/bios.htm
- National Severe Storms Laboratory. "Tornadoes…Nature's Most Violent Storms." http://www.nssl.noaa.gov/edu/safety/tornadoguide.html
- National Severe Storms Laboratory. "U.S. Totals." http://www.nssl.noaa.gov/edu/safety/guideimg/pic13.jpg
- Rosenfeld, Jeffrey. Eye Of The Storm: Inside The World's Deadliest Hurricanes, Tornadoes, And Blizzards. Basic Books (July 3, 2003).
- Trueit, Trudi Strain. Storm Chasers. Franklin Watts (September 2002)
- World Book. Tornadoes. World Book (August 2007)