WHAT'S INSIDE: CLIMATE & WEATHER
- Atmospheric Science
- Meteorological Instruments
Explore These Topics:
- What is the heat index that the weatherperson talks about during the summer?
- Why is it colder at the top of a mountain than it is at sea level?
- If the temperature is 30 degrees F, why do we sometimes get snow and other times get freezing rain?
- What does it mean when a barometer is rising or falling?
- What causes the seasons?
Salt is often sprinkled on the roads in the winter to melt the ice. Have you ever wondered why salt is used?
A perfect climate means different things to different people. These 10 countries span the globe and offer a wide range of climates to satisfy any taste -- hot, cold or in-between.