After the end of the Cold War, aviation saw developments like the Space Shuttles and the incredible air power of the United States during the Persian Gulf War. Learn more about the history of flight in the 1980s and 1990s.
WHAT'S INSIDE: FLIGHT
Explore These Topics:
- Why do those long, white clouds form behind jets flying high overhead?
- How much fuel does an international plane use for a trip?
- How does the toilet in a commercial airliner work?
- Why doesn't the exhaust in a jet engine come out the front?
- When an aerobatic plane flies upside down, how does the fuel get to the engine?
Anybody who owns his or her own aircraft probably has more than enough money to buy happiness, too. That's because flying costs some serious dough. But just how much money is tied up in the world's airplanes?
Inside an airport, luggage moves through an amazing and intricate system. The baggage handling system plays a crucial role in keeping travelers happy. Learn about these high-speed carts and conveyers.