You're starving and you just dropped your chocolate on the floor. Are you the type who blurts, "Five second rule!" and gobbles it anyway, or the kind who mourns its loss? Let's look at the science behind contamination.
WHAT'S INSIDE: SCIENCE VS. MYTH
- Everyday Myths
- Extrasensory Perceptions
- Strange Creatures
- Unexplained Phenomena
- What If
Explore These Topics:
- Would a balloon filled with vacuum instead of helium float?
- Why can boats made of steel float on water when a bar of steel sinks?
- How Special Relativity Works
- What makes you dizzy when you spin?
- If you could spin a carousel fast enough to get its rim moving at nearly the speed of light, would time stand still for people on the carousel?
High material costs and relatively low efficiency have held solar energy back as an alternative to fossil fuels. But that hasn't stopped people from finding some practical everyday applications for solar panels.
How many regular-sized helium-filled balloons would it take to lift someone? What is the equation to figure it out?