A key ingredient of horror films, junior-high slumber parties and occult practices, the Ouija board has been fascinating and scaring people for more than a century. But does it really contact the spirit world, or is there a more logical explanation?
WHAT'S INSIDE: SCIENCE VS. MYTH
- Everyday Myths
- Extrasensory Perceptions
- Strange Creatures
- Unexplained Phenomena
- What If
Explore These Topics:
- If you could spin a carousel fast enough to get its rim moving at nearly the speed of light, would time stand still for people on the carousel?
- Why can boats made of steel float on water when a bar of steel sinks?
- How Teleportation Will Work
- How many regular-sized helium-filled balloons would it take to lift someone?
- How do time and dates work?
Relativity is like a triple-scoop ice cream cone; most of us just can't gobble it down in one bite, not without experiencing some serious brain freeze. So let's take it one delicious relative scoop at a time.
It's not cool when a ghost drags you out of your hotel bed. Unless, of course, you're into that kind of thing. What hotels provide such fright?